YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT, ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER
Notice of Meeting CABINET
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 7TH SEPTEMBER, 2023 AT 2.00 PM
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 20th July, 2023.
3. To receive declarations of interest and the nature of such interests under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer or Democratic Services at least 48 hours before the meeting).
4. Annual Delivery Plan Monitoring Report: Quarter 4 Performance 2022/23 – Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee, 13th July, 2023.
5. Corporate Risk Register Quarter 4 Update – Governance and Audit Committee, 17th July, 2023.
6. Revised Multi-Location Meetings Policy – Democratic Services Committee, 17th July, 2023.
7. From Charter to Self-Assessment, the Evolution of the Wales Charter for Member Support and Development – Democratic Services Committee, 17th July, 2023.
8. Proposed Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) for Exceptions to Wales 20mph Default Speed Limit and Implementation of Ancillary Speed Limits – Environment and Regeneration Scrutiny Committee, 18th July, 2023.
9. Strengthening Communities - The Role of the Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee - Voluntary Sector Joint Liaison Committee, 25th July, 2023.
Reports of Meetings –
10. Cardiff Capital Region Regional Cabinet – 5th June, 2023.
11. Shared Regulatory Services Joint Committee – 21st June, 2023.
Reports of the Executive Leader and Cabinet Member for Performance and Resources –
12. Annual Delivery Plan Monitoring Report: Quarter 4 Performance 2022/23.
13. Draft Vale of Glamorgan Annual Self-Assessment 2022/2023.
14. Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 30th June, 2023.
15. Quarter 1 Revenue Monitoring 2023/24.
16. Quarter 1 Treasury Management Monitoring 2023/24.
17. Non Treasury Investment Strategy.
18. Strategic Collaborative Working Initiatives Update.
Report of the Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Sustainable Places –
19. BSC2 Building Works Contract.
Reports of the Cabinet Member for Education, Arts and the Welsh Language –
20. Proposal to Increase Capacity for Welsh Medium Education by Expanding Ysgol Iolo Morganwg.
21. Update on the Sustainable Communities for Learning (SCfL) Programme and Proposed Revision to the SCfL Band B Strategic Outline Programme (SOP).
22. Disposal of Surplus Land at St Cyres Comprehensive School, Penarth.
Report of the Cabinet Member for Neighbourhood and Building Services –
23. Objection Report: Proposed Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) for Exceptions to Wales 20mph Default Speed Limit and Implementation of Ancillary Speed Limits.
Report of the Cabinet Member for Social Care and Health –
24. Annual Corporate Safeguarding Report: 2022/2023.
25. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
26. Any items which the Chair has decided are urgent (Part II).
1st September, 2023
This document is available in Welsh / Mae’r ddogfen hon ar gael yn Gymraeg
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers:
In the first instance, enquiries should be made to
M. Swindell Tel: 01446 709479
To the Members of the Cabinet
Councillor L. Burnett (Executive Leader and Cabinet Member for Performance and Resources)
Councillor B.E. Brooks (Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Sustainable Places)
Councillor R.M. Birch (Cabinet Member for Education, Arts and the Welsh Language)
Councillor M.R. Wilson (Cabinet Member for Neighbourhood and Building Services)
Councillor E. Williams (Cabinet Member for Social Care and Health)
Councillor S. Sivagnanam (Cabinet Member for Community Engagement, Equalities and Regulatory Services)
Councillor G. John (Cabinet Member for Leisure, Sport and Well-being)
1 Vacancy – (Cabinet Member for Public Sector Housing and Tenant Engagement – matters falling under this portfolio will be divided between the Executive Leader and Cabinet Member for Performance and Resources and the Cabinet Member for Leisure, Sport and Wellbeing)
PLEASE NOTE: Council meetings will be held in line with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy and details at paragraphs 21.2 and 21.3 which meetings will be held on a hybrid and remote only basis.
Meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will also be livestreamed, except where Part II matters are wholly or in part being considered, in accordance with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy.
If taking part, this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound with the meeting being transmitted on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Meetings that are held on hybrid basis will take place in the Council Chamber and online. Generally, the public gallery in the Chamber is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for livestreaming and/or training purposes.
Meetings that are held Remotely
A Member wishing to attend the Civic Offices e.g., from the Council Chamber, in order to access/ attend a remote meeting, via the use of their Council device using the Council ICT network to join the meeting can do so, but they are requested to notify Democratic Services in advance of the meeting particularly when the meeting is held in the evening so that building security can be notified.
Members of the public who may wish to observe the live broadcast of the proceedings of a meeting being held on a remote meeting basis and are unable to do so from home, will be able to view the live broadcast from a designated area at the Civic Offices in Barry, subject to notification of attendance being received no later than one working day before the date of the meeting.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact email@example.com or tel. 01446 709479.