YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 7TH DECEMBER, 2020 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of:
(a) the meeting held on 21st September, 2020;
(b) the Special Meeting held on 5th October, 2020.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. To consider the following Notice of Motion [submitted by Councillors R.A. Penrose and K.P. Mahoney]
“I request the Vale of Glamorgan Council countermand the decision made by the Education Department to appropriate £2,000,000 of Section 106 monies received from Taylor Wimpey (in respect of the Cog Development - allocated for education in the Sully ward) which they now plan to allocate to a new Ysgol y Deri school satellite building under the Welsh Government “Band B” schedule.
I require this decision to be reversed as the Section 106 monies are for education in Sully and should be allocated to the replacement or the remodelling of Sully Primary School.”
Report of the Managing Director –
6. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Director of Environment and Housing –
7. Renewal of Public Space Protection Orders for the Prevention of Alcohol Related Anti-Social Behaviour.
Report of the Monitoring Officer / Head of Legal and Democratic Services –
8. Review of the Joint Consultative Forum Constitution.
9. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
Date of Meeting
(a) Council Tax Reduction Scheme
7th December, 2020
N.B. The report which is the subject of the reference in respect of Agenda Item 9(a) above has already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agenda for 7th December, 2020.
**Further copies are available from the Democratic Services Office if required**.
10. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
11. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
12. Questions from the public.
No questions have been received.
13. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
14. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
1st December, 2020
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees, Tel: Barry (01446) 709413
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please note that certain meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will be webcast, you will be informed verbally if the meeting you are at will be. If it is then this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound and that is made available on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Head of Democratic Services within office hours. Tel. No. (01446) 709413 or by e‑mail – email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current restrictions and the requirement for social distancing this meeting will not be held at its usual location. This will be a virtual meeting and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council and Officers in support of the agenda items. The meeting will be recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s internet site. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01446 709413.