YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting MONDAY, 25TH SEPTEMBER, 2023 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest and the nature of such interests under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer or Democratic Services at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 24th July, 2023.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Chief Executive and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
Report of the Executive Leader and Cabinet Member for Performance and Resources –
5. Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committee of The South East Wales Corporate Joint Committee.
Report of the Chief Executive –
6. Use of the Chief Executive’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Director of Corporate Resources –
7. Scrutiny Committees' Annual Report 2022-23.
8. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The report which is the subject of the reference in respect of Agenda Item 8(a) above has already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agenda for 6th July, 2023.
**Further copies are available from the Democratic Services Office if required**.
9. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure under Article 15.14 of the Constitution.
10. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.19.2 – 4.19.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
11. Questions from the Public –
3 questions have been received.
12. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
13. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
19th September, 2023
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of J. Rees, Tel: Barry (01446) 709413
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
PLEASE NOTE: Council meetings will be held in line with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy which details at paragraphs 21.2 and 21.3 which meetings will be held on a hybrid and remote only basis.
Meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will also be livestreamed, except where Part II matters are wholly or in part being considered, in accordance with the Council’s Multi-Location Meetings Policy.
If taking part, this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound with the meeting being transmitted on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Meetings that are held on hybrid basis will take place in the Council Chamber and online. Generally the public gallery in the Chamber is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for livestreaming and/or training purposes.
Meetings that are held Remotely
A Member wishing to attend the Civic Offices e.g. from the Council Chamber, in order to access/ attend a remote meeting, via the use of their Council device using the Council ICT network to join the meeting can do so, but they are requested to notify Democratic Services in advance of the meeting particularly when the meeting is held in the evening so that building security can be notified.
Members of the public who may wish to observe the live broadcast of the proceedings of a meeting being held on a remote meeting basis and are unable to do so from home, will be able to view the live broadcast from a designated area at the Civic Offices in Barry, subject to notification of attendance being received no later than one working day before the date of the meeting.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact email@example.com or telephone 01446 709413.