Allow all Cookies
YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting STANDARDS COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 17TH MARCH, 2022 AT 10.00 A.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 27th January, 2022.
3. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Monitoring Officer / Head of Legal and Democratic Services –
4. Applications for Dispensation.
5. Overview and Lessons Learned of Observations by Independent Members of Town and Community Council Committee Meetings.
6. Standards Committee Forward Work Programme.
7. Amendments to the Council’s Constitution and Standards Committee Terms of Reference.
8. Local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021: Standards of Conduct Statutory Guidance.
9. Standards Conference Wales: February 2022 – Update Report.
10. Update following a meeting with representatives of Sully and Lavernock Community Council and the Monitoring Officer re Audit Wales Report Inadequacies in Governance and Financial Management.
11. Correspondence with the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
Report of the Monitoring Officer / Head of Legal and Democratic Services –
13. Correspondence with the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
11th March 2022
A Version of this Agenda is Available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers: In the first instance, enquiries should be made of K. Bowen (Tel: 01446 709856).
To Members of the Standards Committee
Councillors: R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray and A.R. Robertson
R. Hendicott (Chair)
L. Tinsley (Vice-Chair)
Town and Community Council Representative:
Councillor M. Cuddy
PLEASE NOTE: The Council is adhering to Welsh Government’s guidance in relation to public health risks. The Council’s Covid 19 measures are kept under review based on guidance received from the Welsh Government and the Council’s Health and Safety Team and in so doing taking into account relevant risk assessments. Council meetings will not be held at their usual location until further notice. Meetings will take place virtually and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council, relevant officers and any registered to speak ‘interested parties’ where appropriate. These meetings will be live streamed and recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s public website.
With effect from 5th May 2022 in order to comply with Sections 46 and 47 of the Local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021 certain meetings will require those attending to be able to “speak to and be heard by each other and to see and be seen by each other”. Democratic Services and ICT colleagues are working to ensure that the requirements of Sections 46 and 47 will be adhered to in readiness for 5th May 2022.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01446 709856.