YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting STANDARDS COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY 23RD JUNE, 2022 AT 10.30 A.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
1. Appointment of Chair.
2. Appointment of Vice-Chair.
3. Apologies for absence.
4. Minutes of the Meeting held on 17th March, 2022.
5. To receive declarations of interest.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting).
Reports of the Monitoring Officer / Head of Legal and Democratic Services –
6. Applications for Dispensation. [View Applications received after Agenda Dispatch]
7. Observations by Independent Members of Town and Community Council Committee Meetings.
8. Feedback Report following Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards Framework Training to Vale of Glamorgan Councillors and Lay / Co-opted Members by the Monitoring Officer and Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards Framework Training to Town and Community Councils by the Monitoring Officer and One Voice Wales.
9. Monitoring Officer Meetings with Clerks of Town and Community Councils.
10. Matters for consideration: Meeting with Group Leaders, All Wales Standards Forum, Progress with Regard to the Richard Penn Report Recommendations, Update on the Welsh Government Consultation on the Standards of Conduct Statutory Guidance and Expressions of Interest for the Community Council Representative on the Standards Committee.
11. Correspondence with the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.
12. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
Report of the Monitoring Officer / Head of Legal and Democratic Services –
13. Correspondence with the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.
14. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
17th June 2022
A Version of this Agenda is Available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985
Inspection of background papers: In the first instance, enquiries should be made of K. Bowen (Tel: 01446 709856).
To Members of the Standards Committee
Councillors: R.M. Birch, J.E. Charles and C.P. Franks.
Town and Community Council Representative:
PLEASE NOTE: The Council is adhering to Welsh Government’s guidance in relation to public health risks. The Council’s Covid 19 measures are kept under review based on guidance received from the Welsh Government and the Council’s Health and Safety Team and in so doing taking into account relevant risk assessments. Council meetings will not be held at their usual location until further notice. Meetings will take place virtually and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council, relevant officers and any registered to speak ‘interested parties’ where appropriate. These meetings will be live streamed and recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s public website.
Meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will be livestreamed, except where Part II matters are wholly or in part being considered and in accordance with the Council’s Multi-Location Meeting Policy, which can be found at https://www.valeofglamorgan.gov.uk/Documents/_Committee%20Reports/Remote-Procedures-COVID-19/Multi-Location-Meetings-Policy-i.pdf.
If taking part, this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound with the meeting being transmitted on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for livestreaming and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01446 709856.