Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting TUESDAY, 12TH FEBRUARY, 2019 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 15th January, 2019.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Future Generations Act and Committee Reporting.
5. Proposal to Increase the Number of Primary Welsh Medium School Places in Barry – Cabinet: 17th December, 2018.
Report of the Director of Learning and Skills –
6. Summary of School Inspection Reports for Autumn Term 2018.
Report of the Managing Director –
7. Annual Equality Monitoring Report 2017-2018.
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
5th February, 2019
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mrs. K. Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, S.J. Griffiths, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J.M. Norman, Mrs. R. Nugent-Finn and Mrs. S.D. Perkes (plus one vacancy).
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor - Secondary Sector).
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor - Primary Sector).
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. H. Gapper (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr Isaac Cramb (Vale Youth Forum).
Mr. Cameron Edwards (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).