Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting TUESDAY, 15TH JANUARY, 2019 AT 6.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 11 December 2018.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
4. Corporate Safeguarding Mid-Year Report – Cabinet: 7th January 2019.
5. 21st Century Schools Programme – Band B Update and Current Position – Cabinet: 7th January 2019.
(The references from Cabinet of 7th January, 2019 will be forwarded to Members following the Cabinet meeting).
Report of the Director of Learning and Skills –
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April to 30th November 2018.
Report of the Managing Director –
7. 3rd Quarter Scrutiny Decision Tracking of Recommendations and Updated Work Programme Schedule 2018/19.
8. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
9. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
8th January, 2019
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mrs. K. Bowen, Tel: 01446 709856
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chairman: Councillor L. Burnett;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor N.P. Hodges;
Councillors: Ms. R.M. Birch, B.T. Gray, S.J. Griffiths, M.J.G. Morgan, Mrs. J.M. Norman, Mrs. R. Nugent-Finn and Mrs. S. Perkes (plus one vacancy).
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Dr. C. Brown (Parent Governor – Secondary Sector).
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor – Primary Sector).
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. H. Gapper (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr Isaac Cramb (Vale Youth Forum).
Mr. Cameron Edwards (Vale Youth Forum).
Vacant (Free Churches).