YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting LEARNING AND CULTURE SCRUTINY COMMITTEE
Date and time
of Meeting THURSDAY, 19TH MARCH, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES, BARRY
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th February, 2020.
3. To receive declarations of interest (including whipping declarations) under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
Reports of the Director of Learning and Skills –
4. Youth Service Update.
5. Support for Young Carers in the Vale of Glamorgan.
6. Revenue and Capital Monitoring for the Period 1st April, 2019 to 31st January 2020.
7. Quarter 3 2019/20 Performance Report: An Aspirational and Culturally Vibrant Vale.
8. Vale of Glamorgan Annual Delivery Plan (Improvement Plan Part 1) 2020/2021.
(Appendices A, B, C, and E have been sent under separate cover – please ensure you bring these documents with you to the meeting).
(Members are reminded to inform the Democratic and Scrutiny Services Section by no later than 12 noon on the day of the meeting if they require officer attendance for Performance Monitoring in respect of Agenda Items 7 and 8)
Report of the Leader –
9. Annual Equality Monitoring Report 2018 – 2019.
10. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
11. Any items which the Chairman has decided are urgent (Part II).
12th March, 2020
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985. Inspection of background papers in the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. G.J. Davies, Tel: 01446 709249
To the Members of the Learning and Culture Scrutiny Committee
Chairman: Councillor G.C. Kemp;
Vice-Chairman: Councillor Ms. R.M. Birch;
Councillors: A.R.T. Davies, S.J. Griffiths, N.P. Hodges, T.H. Jarvie, Mrs. J.M. Norman, A.C. Parker, Mrs. S.D. Perkes and N.C. Thomas.
Also invited to attend as co-opted members:
Dr. M. Price (Roman Catholic Church).
Mr. A. Rickett (Church in Wales).
Vacant (Parent Governor – Secondary Sector)
Mrs. J. Lynch-Wilson (Parent Governor – Primary Sector).
Also invited to attend as non-voting observers:
Mr. H. Gapper (Welsh Medium Education).
Mr. Isaac Cramb (Vale Youth Forum).
Mr. Thomas Froud (Vale Youth Forum)
Vacant (Free Churches).