YOU CAN ASK FOR THIS DOCUMENT IN OTHER FORMATS.
FOR EXAMPLE: IN A LARGER FONT; ON DIFFERENT COLOUR PAPER.
Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 10TH MARCH, 2021 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue REMOTE MEETING
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 7th December, 2020.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
5. To consider the following Notice of Motion [submitted by Councillors V.J. Bailey, G.D.D. Carroll and L.O. Rowlands]
“The Vale of Glamorgan Council:
- Regrets the permanent environmental impact that the A48-M4 link road would have on the Ely Valley, decimating the local countryside;
- Notes the changing financial implications for the Local Authority as a result of Covid and the additional challenge of providing
funding for this scheme;
- Acknowledges local opposition to an A48-M4 link road; and
- Urges the Administration to withdraw support for the scheme, which will provide little benefit to Vale residents, and to instead make the Dinas Powis Bypass its primary infrastructure project.”
Reports of the Managing Director –
6. Nomination of the Mayor Elect and Deputy Mayor Elect for the Municipal Year 2021/22.
7. Consultation with Non-Domestic Ratepayers.
8. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Director of Environment and Housing –
9. Public Space Protection Orders – Dog Controls.
Report of the Monitoring Officer / Head of Legal and Democratic Services –
10. Review of the Council’s Constitution / Officer Delegations.
11. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Items 11(a) to (h) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 30th November, 2020, 8th February and 22nd February, 2021. However, to assist Members in considering the budget proposals, further copies of the reports in respect of 11(d) to (f) are included in the agenda.
**Further copies are available from the Democratic Services Office if required**.
12. To Set the Council Tax for 2021-22.
13. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
14. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
15. Questions from the public.
One (1) question has been received.
16. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
17. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
3rd March, 2021
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees, Tel: Barry (01446) 709413
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please note that certain meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will be webcast, you will be informed verbally if the meeting you are at will be. If it is then this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound and that is made available on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Head of Democratic Services within office hours. Tel. No. (01446) 709413 or by e‑mail – email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Due to current restrictions and the requirement for social distancing this meeting will not be held at its usual location. This will be a virtual meeting and ‘attendance’ will be restricted to Members of the Council and Officers in support of the agenda items. The meeting will be recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s internet site. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01446 709413.