Cost of Living Support Icon

People with disabilities


If you, or someone who lives with you, need a room, or an extra bathroom or kitchen, or extra space in your property to meet special needs arising from a disability, you may be entitled to a reduced Council Tax bill.


The bill may be reduced to that of a property in the band immediately below the band shown on the valuation list. If the property is in the lowest band (A) then a reduction may apply. These reductions ensure that disabled people do not pay more tax on account of space needed because of a disability.


The Vale of Glamorgan Council can give you details.


Application form for a reduction in banding for a person whose property has been adapted for a disability

Please ask for proof of identification before allowing access – All our Officers carry ID


For Officer safety it will be necessary for you to secure any dogs (except assistance dogs) in a separate area for the duration of the visit.