The Vale of Glamorgan Early Years Development & Childcare Partnership (EYDCP) has set aside funding for grants to registered childcare settings.
The most recent full Childcare Sufficiency Assessment (CSA) was completed in March 2016 in line with the Childcare Act 2006.
Click here to view the CSA 2016/17.
The 2016 full assessment highlighted a need to:
- further explore atypical hours childcare for parents working atypical hours
- explore childcare that supports children with additional needs and/or disabilities
- continue to support childcare settings with raising quality.
This grant is not an annual entitlement; it is available to support the childcare settings in greatest need. Additional information may be asked for in certain applications.
Please read the criteria carefully before applying for a grant as not every registered provision will be entitled to a grant.
The following settings are not eligible:
- Providers who were late returning or failed to complete an acceptable end of grant report during 2017/18.
- Childminders who have received a start-up grant within the past twelve months
- Those showing significant profit/reserves
- Additional childminders operating from the same premises i.e. one application per household
- Childcare providers, at the time of application, who are in the process of setting up their business
*Due to the introduction of the Out of School Childcare Grants, Out of School providers will no longer be eligible to apply for this grant*
Application Form and Guidance 2018/19:
*The application process for 2018/19 funding is now closed*