Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 27TH SEPTEMBER, 2017 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING. PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 28th June, 2017.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
Reports of the Managing Director –
5. Scrutiny Committees’ Annual Report May 2016 – May 2017.
(For ease of future reference, the Annual Report is provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda).
6. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
Report of the Section 151 Officer –
7. Statement of Accounts 2016-17.
(For ease of future reference, the Statement of Accounts are provided as a separate document and can be found at the back of the agenda).
Reports of the Monitoring Officer –
8. Review of the Council’s Constitution : Standards Committee.
9. Review of the Council’s Constitution : Officer Delegations and Members’ Code of Coduct.
Report of the Returning and Monitoring Officer –
10. Rhoose Community Meeting : 8th September 2017.
Report of the Director of Environment and Housing –
11. Public Spaces Protection Orders : Vale of Glamorgan.
12. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Item 12(a) and (b) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 31st July and 18th September 2017.
**Further copies are available from the Cabinet Office if required**.
13. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure Under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
14. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
15. Questions from the public.
One question has been received and is attached.
16. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
17. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
21st September, 2017
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Wyatt Tel: Barry (01446) 709408
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please Note: This meeting may be filmed for live or subsequent broadcast via the County Council’s website on the internet – at the start of the meeting the Mayor will confirm if all or part of the meeting is to be filmed. The images and sound recording may be used for training purposes by the Council.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Head of Democratic Services within office hours. Tel. No. (01446) 709408 or by e-mail – email@example.com