Notice of Meeting COUNCIL
Date and time
of Meeting WEDNESDAY, 27TH FEBRUARY, 2019 AT 6.05 P.M.
Venue COUNCIL CHAMBER, CIVIC OFFICES
MEMBERS ARE ASKED TO NOTE THE TIME OF THE MEETING.
PRAYERS WILL BE SAID AT 6.00 P.M.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. (a) To hear the roll call of Members.
(b) To receive declarations of interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct.
(Note: Members seeking advice on this item are asked to contact the Monitoring Officer at least 48 hours before the meeting.)
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 12th December, 2018.
4. To receive any announcements from the Mayor, Leader, Members of the Cabinet and the Head of Paid Service and to receive any petitions submitted by Members.
Reports of the Managing Director –
5. Nomination of Mayor Elect and Deputy Mayor Elect for the Municipal Year 2019/20.
6. Use of the Managing Director’s Emergency Powers.
7. Consultation with Non-Domestic Ratepayers.
Report of the Director of Environment and Housing –
8. Housing Revenue Account Business Plan.
Report of the Monitoring Officer / Head of Legal and Democratic Services –
9. Commons Registration Amendments to Register.
10. To consider the following proposal(s) from the Executive in relation to the Council’s Policy Framework and Budget
N.B. The reports which are the subject of the references in respect of Agenda Items 10(a) to (h) above have already been circulated to Members with the Cabinet agendas for 4th and 18th February, 2019. However, to assist Members in considering the budget proposals, further copies of the reports in respect of 10(d) to (f) are included in the agenda.
**Further copies are available from the Democratic Services Office if required**.
11. To set the Council Tax 2019/20.
12. To inform the Council of the Use of the Urgent Decision Procedure Under Article 14.14 of the Constitution.
13. To receive questions and answers pursuant to Section 4.18.2 – 4.18.7 of the Council’s Constitution (i.e. questions on any matter in relation to which the Council has powers or duties or which affects the Vale of Glamorgan).
14. Questions from the public.
14 questions have been received and are attached.
15. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part I).
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM THE MEETING DURING CONSIDERATION OF THE FOLLOWING ITEM(S) IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 100A(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
16. Any items which the Mayor has decided are urgent (Part II).
21st February, 2019
A version of this Agenda is also available in Welsh
Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985 -
Inspection of background papers - In the first instance, enquiries should be made of Mr. J. Rees, Tel: Barry (01446) 709413
Distribution: To all Members of the Council
Please note that certain meetings of the Vale of Glamorgan Council will be webcast, you will be informed verbally if the meeting you are at will be. If it is then this means that you are being recorded both visually and in sound and that is made available on the internet. This is done for the purposes of supporting and promoting democratic engagement and public interest. We will retain the data for 6 years and then offer it to the archivist at the Glamorgan Records Office for permanent retention. You have the right to apply to access, rectify, restrict, object or erase this data. The Information Regulator is the Information Commissioner who can be contacted https://ico.org.uk/. The Data Protection Officer for the Council can be contacted at DPO@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk.
Generally the public gallery is not filmed. However, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Head of Democratic Services within office hours. Tel. No. (01446) 709413 or by e‑mail – email@example.com