Care in Your Own Home

Most people would prefer to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible; sometimes they just need a little extra help to do so safely.


The need for care and support can arise for all sorts of reasons and may be permanent or temporary. If you need support at home because you are getting older, are frail or have a long-term disability, it’s likely that this will involve some support with your personal care. This might be help with washing, preparing meals or taking medication.


Perhaps you need some help around the house? Maybe you need someone to do your home maintenance, cleaning or shopping?


There is support available to help people live safely in their own home. A carer may visit you to help with daily chores, shopping etc. Adult Social Services works in partnership with a wide range of social care providers in the independent sector. 

The Approved Care Provider listings provide information regarding social care providers who are registered with the Care Inspectorate for Wales (CIW) and have been approved or accredited to provide care services on behalf of the Vale of Glamorgan Council:



There are also many other home care providers available in the Vale. For a full list, visit the Dewis Cymru website:



You may be eligible to access support from Social Services:



Further information: