School Budget Forum
All Councils are required to have a Schools Budget Forum in accordance with Section 47A of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 as inserted by the Education Act 2002 and The Schools Budget Forums (Wales) Regulations.
Councils are required to consult their schools forum annually on:
- Revisions to its Scheme for Financing Schools
- The likely effect of any changes to the funding formula
- Contracts for supplies and services that exceed the prescribed threshold for procurement
- Service Level Agreements for the supply of goods and services by the Council to schools
- Proposed changes to the factors and criteria which are taken into account or the methods, principles and rules to be adopted in relation to the formula for funding schools
The Council will also consult the forum on the financial implications of other areas of the Education and Schools’ delegated budget such as:
- Arrangements for the education of pupils with Additional Learning Needs
- Allocation and use of specific grants
The forum has a key role in developing understanding and promoting an effective dialogue between the Council and schools.
The Council, working in partnership with the Schools Budget Forum, values its contribution to the decision making process.
Annual Programme of Work 2022/23
- Ongoing review of Mainstream schools funding formula
- Review of ALN funding in mainstream schools
- Welsh Government funding challenge for equality of funding across Wales
If you would like to raise anything that is within the remit of the Schools Budget Forum, please contact your respective representative.